Website £29000 - £30000 per annum
We are currently recruiting for an experienced and passionate Sous Chef to join our client’s team based at this site in Slough, Berkshire.
With approx. 1000 people on site, the kitchen produces freshly prepared food for the staff cafe. The site can be busy with a grab & go and deli bar as well as the usual hot mains.
As the Sous Chef, you will be part of a team of 9 in total and support the Head Chef with the running of the kitchen. There is a small team in the kitchen and you will work closely as a team ensuring the food produced is of a high standard which not only meets but exceeds the clients’ expectations.
With a genuine passion for good fresh food, you’ll produce an exciting menu with up to date food trends and concepts as well as be involved with the food for the company’s events such as BBQs and seasonal events.
The site will be having a rebuild over the next couple of years and will expand immensely so therefore, the catering department will naturally grow and develop. With this, you will need to adapt and take on the challenges that a rebuild will present so it is essential that you will be flexible, adaptable and able to work around problems.
Our ideal candidate for this role would
– be a motivated, driven and passionate Sous Chef or Senior Chef de Partie with a progressive proven career background
– ideally have worked within contract catering, corporate catering or similar
– be able to lead, manage and develop a team, taking full control and responsibility for the kitchen in the Head Chef’s absence
– be able to work well in a team
– be able to work closely with the Head Chef and General Manager to drive the business forward
– be genuinely passionate about food as well as up to date with latest food trends/concepts
– be able to problem solve and think logically
– be friendly and willing with a positive can do attitude
Working Monday to Friday 7am – about 4pm, this is a great opportunity for a Sous Chef or Senior CDP to join an expanding site at the start of their development and take on a real challenge. So if you have the passion, drive and motivation required, please send your up to date CV immediately.
*All candidates need to be eligible to live and work in the UK at the time of application
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.