Nursery Cook – Haywards Heath – 2x Chefs Needed!
£27k – £29k per annum
Are you looking for your next challenging role as a chef?
This this could be the role for you!
For this role you will be working Monday to Friday, 8am – 5pm, with NO work on weekends!!
* Christmas holidays and birthday off
* Discounted rates for children
* Free parking
Chef Experience required for this role:
* A minimum of two years’ hands on experience working within a food preparation role.
* Minimum Level 2 in Food Hygiene, preferably level 3.
* “Early Years Nutrition” experience not a necessity but a definite advantage for this role.
The ideal candidate for this role:
* Will need to order, prepare and cook a variety of healthy, well-balanced meals for children aged 3 months to 5 years of age.
* To manage & maintain the main kitchen and other catering stations in line with the environmental health regulations.
* Responsible for any other kitchen staff and ensuring they follow all recipes and portion control correctly and they adhere to our clients Policies and Procedures including all Health & Safety and Food Hygiene Regulations.
* To ensure that all dietary requirements are known and adhered to, including allergies and weaning options.
* To be able to work within the clients budget.
Main Duties to follow and adhere to:
* Design weekly menus for all seasons in conjunction with Nursery manager.
* Design weaning menus for babies, must include the current nutritional guidelines for children.
* Prepare detailed recipes to go with the menus showing ingredients, method, and nutritional content.
* Ensure that all dietary requirements of children with allergies are adhered to.
* Actively participate in all meetings.
* Handling all stock control and ordering all food items needed.
* You will need to be extremely good with portion control.
* Be prepare and step in and help serve lunches when required.
* Ensure that correct food rotation is maintained in all fridges and freezers.
* To co-ordinate the serving of lunches, ensuring food is transported from building to building (where appropriate), covered and served at the correct temperature.
* To organise and help with a monthly deep clean of the kitchen.
* To keep written records of fridge/freezer temperatures in line with Environmental Health regulations.
JOB DESCRIPTION – Chef
* To keep written records of all food temperatures in line with environmental health regulations.
* To ensure that the highest standards of hygiene and safety are observed & implemented at all times.
* To manage the storage of food, ensuring proper rotation of stock, removal of boxes etc.
* To involve the children in the preparation of some foods where appropriate, and discuss origins, growing, cooking of the food.
* To ensure HACCP’s processes are followed and recorded in all kitchen areas as required.
* Co-operate fully with statuary inspections and implement any recommendations as appropriate.
* To complete annual Risk Assessments in the kitchen areas.
* Perform any other additional responsibilities as requested by the Nursery Manager.
Skills and Knowledge
* Professional communication skills, both written and verbal
* Organisation and leadership skills
* Must be a team player, but also able to take direction
* You will be able to work well under pressure
* Can effectively solve last minute problems on the spot
* Early Years Nutrition programme & Food Hygiene
* Basic maths skills
* Awareness, and knowledge of environmental health
* Knowledge of child size portion/portion control
* Must be competent in using a computer and the internet
* Early Years Nutrition – if not the qualification a good understanding by reading the document and speaking to other chefs in the company for have the qualification.
Apply now or email email@example.com.