Advanced Nurse Practitioner
Competitive salary; £50,000 – £60,000 per annum pro rota
Hours; 7-9 Sessions Monday to Friday
Location; Camden, London
Benefits; 5 weeks annual leave (plus bank holidays pro rata, paid protected study time, indemnity insurance, opportunity to join the NHS Pensions Scheme)
Are you a tenacious, organised and skilled Advanced Nurse Practitioner? Are you committed to delivering high-quality healthcare to patients? Do you want to make a real difference in people’s lives?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced, committed Advanced Nurse Practitioner to join our Clients group of GP practices in Camden, London.
This Advanced Nurse Practitioner role will involve working alongside a multidisciplinary team, including GPs, Clinical Pharmacists, Nurses and HCAs to provide care and treatment to patients with long term conditions and undiagnosed undifferentiated diagnoses.
The successful Advanced Nurse Practitioner will work as an autonomous practitioner, diagnosing, managing and discharging patients with illness or injury, as well as providing specialist clinics such as smears and child immunisations and will be fully supported by their primary care colleagues.
What we are looking for in an Advanced Nurse Practitioner;
– Registered Adult Nurse registered with the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC),
– Hold an Advanced Nurse Practitioner qualification
– Can show evidence of using autonomous physical examination and assessment skills in practice
– Can demonstrate a broad and sound knowledge of complex and common conditions in primary care in both adults and children
– Knowledge and experience of QOF
About the client:
– The team you will be working with as an Advanced Nurse Practitioner;
A fully staffed multi-disciplinary team including Physician Associates, HCAs, and a full complement of Administration Staff
Across the 5 practices in the vicinity, you will be supported by over 20 GPs and 8 Practice Nurses
– You will be based specifically at one location however you may be required to work across the other 5 practices if needed
– The team are a progressive and collaborative group, ready to welcome on board any successful additions
– Teamwork and mutual support are integral to our working practices and the successful Advanced Nurse Practitioner must share this vision.
The successful post-holder will manage a caseload and deal with a wide range of health needs in a primary care setting, ensuring the highest standards of care for all registered and temporary patients.
In accordance with the practice timetable, as agreed, the post-holder will make themselves available to undertake a variety of duties, including surgery consultations, telephone consultations and queries, visiting patients at home, paperwork and correspondence in a timely fashion.
– An autonomous consultor
– 15-minute consultations for LTC clinics, Smear, Child Imms
– Share of home visits.
– Able to manage acute presentations
– Able to manage chronic conditions
– Able to order appropriate investigations
– Able to refer appropriately to secondary care or organise emergency admissions.
– Share of admin: clinical letters which require actioning/filing.
– Able to file pathology results
– Registered Nurse with Nursing and Midwifery Council
– Masters Degree OR Postgraduate diploma or degree for Advanced Practice Qualification OR RCN accreditation
– Meets NMC revalidation requirements
– Meets the standards for registered ANP working at advanced level
– Qualified triage nurse
– Qualified Independent Nurse Prescriber
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration
If you want to find out more, have any questions or wish to have a confidential chat about the role, please contact Hayley.Farmer@lifelinepermanet.com or click apply today.