Recruiting the right candidate for one of lovely clients in Didcot
With exciting menus and a friendly team, so that each and every customer and guest can have the hospitality experience they deserve.
We will support you to create your hospitality legacy and build a career that you are proud of.
This is a Full time Chef De Partie position
Monday to Sunday – 40 hours a week
Salary: £26.894 year
Working within a campus
*To assist the Sous Chef in the kitchen operation and ensure the company’s reputation for food quality is always maintained.
*To plan, prepare and cook menu items as directed by the Sous / Head Chef.
*To assist in the development and planning of menus, including future food trends, and to be passionate about developing new styles of service and concepts in the location. Key Responsibilities:
* Demonstrate and instruct Commis Chefs in food preparation and cooking skills as directed by the Sous / Head Chef
* Compile all food orders for sections under your supervision, ensuring food standards and cost are agreed with the Head Chef; to ensure stock, deliveries and wastage are all checked and recorded in line with company and food standards
* Gain an understanding of food costing, sales mix and menu planning
* Adhere to the company’s Hygiene, Health and Safety policies
* Rigorously follow the company cleaning schedules.
* Ensure that food storage areas are maintained in accordance with the company’s Hygiene, Healthy and Safety policies and procedures
* Take responsibility for contributing towards your own development with the guidance of the Sous / Head Chef and attend training courses as identified
* Show commitment to company values in all aspects of your role
* Act as a positive ambassador for the business
* Attend to any reasonable request made by the clients Management
* Attend training sessions when required.
* Assist with stock taking when required
* Carry out the smooth and efficient running of your section as appropriate
* Food safety and hygiene
* Kitchen organisation and management
* Ingredient knowledge
* Culinary techniques
* Menu planning and development
* GSCE level education or above
* NVQ qualification or equivalent
* Good craft skill background
* Successful progressive background in catering
* Ability to display a real passion for food and customer service
* Willingness to learn and progress
* Be honest and trustworthy
* Team player
* Flexible and adaptable to change
* Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
* Demonstrates sound work ethics
* Confident, lively outgoing personality
Additional Information THE GARNISH:
Bespoke training and development Opportunities for progression across the UK, Ireland and Europe, most of our managers have been internally progressed and developed
28 days holiday, increasing with the length of service
Apprenticeship (development journey) Opportunities
Discounts available on the high street shops, holidays, gyms and cinemas Recognition Scheme
Wellbeing assistance Food provided while on shift Flexible working arrangements