Website £29000 - £30000 per annum + paid overtime
We are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic, motivated and passionate Chef de Partie to join our client’s team based at this independent school near Dorking, Surrey.
As a day and boarding school, the kitchen caters for 130 boarders, 300 day students and 100 staff as well as hospitality as and when required. The school also has summer lets during the holidays.
As the Chef de Partie, you will working in a catering team of 11 in total. The food is of a high standard and you will able to cook from scratch using fresh, seasonal ingredients.
As well as core feeding, the catering department provides ad hoc hospitality for parents’ evenings, sports days and occasional functions with some weekends.
Working hours are 5 over 7, 40 hours per week and this is a full time contract (52 weeks).
Our ideal candidate would
– Be a Chef de Partie with a proven work background
– Ideally have worked within B&I, education or a high standard restaurant/hotel kitchen
– Be able to cater for volume on a daily basis
– Be a good team player as well as use initiative
– Be able to cook from scratch using fresh ingredients and produce
– Have excellent organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure and remain calm
– Have strong communication skills and able to liaise well with colleagues as well as customers
– Be friendly and flexible with a positive can do attitude
This is a great opportunity for a passionate and talented Chef to join a great environment. So if this sounds like the ideal job for you and you have the passion, drive and experience, please send your updated CV immediately for more details*
*All candidates need to be eligible to live and work in the UK at the time of application
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.